[Openchrome-users] P4M900 on ASUS motherboard, which source, is DRM/AGP GART a requirement, is the ubuntu/Gutsy package OK to use?

J. Dale Gonzalez dale.gonzalez
Wed Jan 16 12:38:21 PST 2008

Add me to the list of folks having problems with the P4M900 chipset on
it.  Before I bother everyone with the details of my issue(s), I have
three quick questions.

1) Can someone please confirm the correct location to pull the source
from?  The openchrome wiki says that the P4M900 chipset support is on
the experimental branch but I've seen in a couple of posts comments to
the effect of "Don't use the experimental branch unless you're asked
to do so".

2) Is patching the kernel to support DRM and AGP GART necessary to get
the driver working at all or can it be done after a successful
build/install of openchrome.

3) Will the Ubuntu Gutsy xserver-xorg-video-openchrome package work or
is a pull from source + compile necessary to support this chip.

TIA.