[Openchrome-users] CN400 vs. CN700 vs. next best option?

Paul Gardiner lists
Fri Nov 28 07:22:04 PST 2008

Peter Carmichael wrote:
> For some reason VLD XvMC on CN700 is not working in 0.21 Mythtv (build
> 18314 through gentoo).  There is documentation dating back to March
> about some issues but nothing clear.  The same build works with CN400
> VLD XvMC and xine using CN700.

VLD XvMC was working in 0.21 Mythtv for me. Not sure what build it
was, though. I'm using Minimyth. Strangely with VLD XvMC, I needed
the extra audio buffering setting to play anything, whereas with
plain XvMC the problem arises only in cut scenes where the video
becomes very simple. It makes me wonder if there's a problem with
MythTv's scheduling that arises when decode becomes too easy. In
any case I use plain XvMC to avoid the grey menu, and it's fast
enough (I only play SD).

Cheers,
	Paul.