[Openchrome-users] [openChrome] #283: CPU Load high with Openchrome in Fedora 10 in comparison with the Via driver in Fedora 6.

John Robinson john.robinson
Sun Mar 1 17:01:36 PST 2009

On 01/03/2009 23:29, OpenChrome Trac wrote:
>  Correct - the LVDS board is a plug in (from VIA) to a dedicated slot.  It
>  has a curious variation - there is an 18bit and 24bit version that must
>  match the LCD Panel interface used.  I initially received the 24bit but
>  then had to get the alternate version to match my panel.  None of the
>  distributers had a clue what I was on about.  VIA were very tight lipped
>  about any technical detail.

Meh. Bloody typical. Sorry for not adding much to the discussion, it
just seems like nobody from V*A ever does either! Grr.

Dear VIA, please get properly on board, you have customers here already
who ended up here by accident, but you could have a lot more who arrive
by choice.

Cheers,

John.