[Openfontlibrary] On the license of Adobe Utopia font

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon May 19 20:23:06 PDT 2008

Cool project for someone to take on modd'ing this thing and re-licensing
it :) My reading of the license is that any derivative:

* the font would need to be modified (reasonably)
* the font would need to be renamed, or if same name kept, or similar
name, authorization needed by Adobe
* then, group outlined in the license adobe provides, TEX user group,
would need to make another license, preferably OFL which respects
adobe's first license

Sound like a plan? Anyone interested in updating/rescuing this font?

Jon