[OpenFontLibrary] Hevetice Neue on the OpenFont site

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Wed Jun 24 12:46:21 PDT 2009

Hi,

2009/6/24 Joshua A.C. Newman <joshua at joshuanewmandesign.com>:

> And by "decisions", I mean "mistakes".

We all have to start somewhere, and the beauty of freedom is that
mistakes can be fixed by anyone who cares about them.

> Very nice! Positively Gillish! I think we may have a winner!

Thanks :-)

> Yeah, this is really nice. Do you mind if I tweak the glyphs I want to
> change? Or do you want critique that you can take or leave?

The project deadline is in a few weeks, so I'll make a proper release
around then with proper metadata (ie, license), an italic, and decent
diacritics (the ones in that font are AWFUL)

I'd surely welcome your comments, and if you want to tweak the glyphs
and send them to me to take a look at, please do - however, until I
make a proper release, you can't redistribute your modified version
:-)

> I've been on a quest for a nice, clean, modern sans to use as the official font
> of the various Ashlar brands, but because the font has to be distributed
> (rather than just rendered once) it needs to be an open font.

I'm VERY happy to hear this confirmation that there is commercial
demand for open fonts.

> I tell you this because I want to make sure you understand that the open
> sourceness of this will be used to the fullest extent. It will be included
> with every installation of the application to be used in body and titles and
> become a feature of the brand.

That sounds great!

> So, what license are you using for it?

GPLv3, plus additional permissions for PDF embedding.