[OpenFontLibrary] Fonts/Typefaces distinction

Fontfreedom at aol.com Fontfreedom at aol.com
Tue May 12 18:25:12 PDT 2009

>One of the terms was the Fonts/Typefaces  distinction.
>
>Nicolas felt that the current v2 site uses the term  "typefaces" too
>much (I hope you can explain here why) and I feel that  since people
>who make new fonts/typefaces talk about themselves as  typeface
>designers and talk about typefaces, we should "speak their  language"
>as much as possible; and that the distinction between the two  is quite
>a fine detail and its okay to refer to each as the other when  not
>talking precisely.

I suppose I must disagree due to the vast difference between a typeface and
 a font in terms of the U.S. law.
Typefaces are public domain functional objects, while fonts are copyrighted
 software.

FF
steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221322936x1201367173/aol?redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=115&bcd