[Openicc] Doing Calculations within Openoffice Base

Craig Ringer craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Tue Oct 9 17:21:49 PDT 2007

midijery wrote:
> I've been trying for 2months to figure out how to enter formulas into
> Openoffice Base. The only thing I've found searching the internet is a
> reference where the guy says "you should be able to do it , but I don't
> know how."

Hi.

I suspect you might have the wrong mailing list. I'm replying to the
list so you don't get a pile of similar posts.

I'll try to answer your question anyway, but I'd suggest following it up
on the openoffice web forums.

In short, you can do calculations using starbasic macros or using SQL
commands. Which you use depends on what you're trying to calculate and
where. It probably also provides some way to enter expressions like a*b
in the query designer but I really wouldn't know where or how since I
avoid it like the plague on the rare occasions I use base to mock up a UI.

--
Craig Ringer