[Openicc] ColorVision Open Source Policy

Hal V. Engel hvengel at astound.net
Tue Nov 13 12:35:31 PST 2007

On Monday 12 November 2007 20:49:40 Hal V. Engel wrote:
> The ArgyllCMS meter code does have preliminary
> support for the Huey but I have not been able to get it to work on my
> machine on either Windows or Linux.   But the code is so new that I am not
> surprised that there are glitches at this point.

Just an FYI for everyone on the list.   This morning I looked at the Argyll
code where this was failing on Linux and I was able to hack it so that it
works for me.  What I did is a hack but I let Graeme know what I found and
what I did.   I think this will give him enough clues so that he can make it
work on a wider range of Linux systems.

I ran some tests with the Huey and if I were looking to purchase a meter in
this price range I would pick the Huey rather than the Spyder 2.  But this is
just my $0.02 worth.   Besides the Spyder 2 is discontinued and will not be
available for much longer.

Hal