[Openicc] inner versus outer ICC profile names

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Jan 30 21:45:23 PST 2008

Am 30.01.08, 12:16 -0800 schrieb Lars Borg:
> In the more general case, you have to deal with embedded profiles with no file
> name.

> Thus, for consistency use primarilly the internal names.

Well, I must have overseen this case in my argumentation.

As we will have many applications using one name to show the profile, the
internal one, the only way I see is to keep both names the same.

Graeme and Hal,
what does you think about a default behaviour of your profilers to write
the desc description tag in default mode as the file name? Ideally a
divergine desc name would be a exotic thing.

My intention for checking profiles would be to declare divergine
inner/outer names as faulty. Oyranos will offer an option to move the file
name to the inner description tag on repairing faulty profiles.