[Openicc] 2008 Google SoC preparations

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Sun Mar 2 21:53:56 PST 2008

Am 02.03.08, 17:51 -0500 schrieb Hubert Figuiere:
> On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 19:50 +0100, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> > o implement a generic device settings to colorimetry layer
> >   o do a sample implementation in Gutenprint/libopenraw ...
> >   (Kai-Uwe, Robert?, Hubert? ...)
>
> For libopenraw, it would need to have demosaic and other stuff first :-)
> It is still only a parser for the file formats.

The generic device settings to colorimetry layer can be implemented in
Oyranos. There profile parsing and creation is coming. Therefor I
suggested to take over mentoring.

The design of the according API is subject to discuss to enshure its
usefulness. There the word of device API maintainers is helpful, including
yours.

As this seems to be a easy project, there should be plenty of time to go
into device API's and build there the connection. This is an option.