[Openicc] Open Source CMS

Alexandre Prokoudine alexandre.prokoudine at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 13:30:15 PST 2008

2008/11/25 Scott Geffert wrote:

>        Thanks for the feedback. I think that we need to look into the
> various options in terms of capabilities, but in short even the most
> expensive DAM solutions do not deliver ICC aware screen views
> (thumbnails)  or they deliver lousy color conversions. We would like
> our approach to at least allow the user to see a screen accurate image
> thumbnail and to convert files on the fly to different RGB or CMYK
> destinations. More advanced workflows are possible but these are the
> core requirements.

Incidentally :-) recent version of F-Spot does deliver ICC aware
thumbnails. This was a Google Summer of Code 2008 project and I
believe that Vassily Kirilychev who did it is present on this list
(but silent).

Out of curiosity, would you mind telling what toolkit/platform is your
application based on? And is there some kind of Subversion source code
repository?

Alexandre