[Openicc] gsoc status: SANE & raw/exif backend & OpenGTL

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Thu Aug 13 00:35:35 PDT 2009

Am 12.08.09, 18:47 +0300 schrieb Yiannis Belias:
> So, after some talk with my mentor Kai-Uwe Behrmann, we decided it would
> be nice to also try to do some preliminary work with OpenShiva filters,
> preferably for tonemapping. The last few days I've been playing
> with shiva and I've uploaded a few of my tests to the gsoc git:
> http://github.com/yiannis/gsoc2009/tree/master
> Look in the opengtl folder.

In order to start with tonemapping, a HDR capable file format reader
would be helpful to interface OpenGTL.

You could write a PPM extension for OpenGTL. Two examples exist in the
Extensions forlder.

The code of the Oyranos' PPM reader starts basicly after
modules/oyranos_cmm_oyra_image_ppm.c oyraFilterPlug_ImageInputPPMRun()'
fopen() call and could probably be reused for that. The code reads
alpha and uint8_t, uin16_t and float types.

That seems the easies way for exchanging HDR data. I think many
demonstration HDRs are avalable as PFMs (Portable Float Map, the above
supported float variant of PPM.