[Openicc] Communication between Printer Driver and Oyranos

Alastair M. Robinson blackfive at fakenhamweb.co.uk
Tue Jan 25 01:22:31 PST 2011

Hi :)

On 25/01/11 01:22, Robert Krawitz wrote:

> I'm going to suggest using the printrc format from the Gutenprint GIMP
> plugin.  This is already supported by a GTK+ UI and abstracted into a
> library (I could abstract the printrc format into a library of its own
> if people really want).  The ICC profile can be embedded as a "raw"
> data type (uninterpreted, counted string); likewise the skeletal PPD
> file can also.

I don't think it actually matters very much *which* file format we end
up using, just so long as it exists, is flexible enough to hold all the
data we need, and isn't too much of a nightmare to parse!

A library to read the format would be useful, and it would be better if
it were distinct from libgutenprintui2 - so we don't end up with
potential server-side tools with a GTK dependency!

All the best
--
Alastair M. Robinson