[Openicc] OpenICC GSoC 2011 ideas

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Mar 23 01:37:45 PDT 2011

Hello,

a period after the request to clean project ideas, I edited the page[1]
and removed a obsolete and a redundant project idea. It should now be
ready for students to write proposals for.

One additional project could be the common configuration format for colour
management systems as Graeme suggested. Goal is a seamless user experience
for colour management settings. This would put us in a timely contraint to
specify, what is needed and let a possible student work on a
implementation. The idea is to get basic access into a lowest level
specification and library + cli tools to read and manipulate CMS settings.
This would include preferences and device configuration on user and
system level. I would like make Oyranos to use this scheme/library
to converge with ArgyllCMS and any interessted CMS.
The student can help in preparing the specification. The project should
start as usual end of may 2011.

[1] http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/OpenIcc/GoogleSoC2011