[Openicc] colord 0.1.9 released - CM Framework - Printer Driver

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Jun 21 00:46:43 PDT 2011

On 21 June 2011 01:21, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
> This discussion is not relevant to my point.  There doesn't need to be
> more than one CMF installed (much less in use) at one time; simply the
> *existence* of more than one CMF would mean that we'd have to have
> special code for each one available.  Suppose OpenSUSE were to use one
> CMF, Fedora another, and Ubuntu yet something else?

Fedora and Ubuntu have all both committed to integrating colord for
their next major release. I've had verbal agreement OpenSUSE is going
to be shipping colord, although I don't think there is anything
formal. Put bluntly, if any distribution is going to ship GNOME 3.2,
then it's _got_ to include colord as it's an approved dependency
that's required by at least two core packages.

Richard.