[Openicc] Actually getting color managed printing to work

edmund ronald edmundronald at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:53:47 PST 2012

On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 1:45 AM, Robert Krawitz <rlk at alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> For extracting the data from Gutenprint, there are a few possibilities.
> One would be the hack where we dump out the state to a file from inside
> rastertogutenprint.  Another might be to add something to the GIMP
> plugin to export a configuration.
>
> Whatever solution is adopted, it needs to be testable in the sense that
the behavior that gets dumped really is the chosen one, and really gets
reproduced every time the XML is loaded in, regardless of the state of the
calling environment.

Because of this reproducibility of behavior constraint, it makes sense to
dump XML from the printing routine rather than outside it.

Edmund