[Openicc] review of new wide gamut editing space

Kai-Uwe Behrmann ku.b at gmx.de
Wed Mar 21 09:42:02 PDT 2012

Hello all,

some software projects want to preserve wide gamut data like originating
from cameraRAW. ProPhotoRGB, which's gamut appears quite reasonable,
specifies unfortunately a gamma of 1.8, which is not good for 2.2/sRGB
style display systems. Ideally we find a colour space to use as a intermediate
space for displaying and storage for inclusion into the OpenICC profile
collection.

I created a editing profile with gamma of CIE*L following the
ECIv2/LStar-RGB profile and used the wide gamut colour primaries of
ProPhotoRGB alias ROMM [1].

Please find the new profile attached for review and comments.
In case you know a freely distributable existing alternative or like to
create one, that would be welcome as well.

kind regards
Kai-Uwe

www.oyranos.org

[1] http://www.color.org/chardata/rgb/rommrgb.xalter