[Openicc] review of new wide gamut editing space

Jan-Peter Homann homann at colormanagement.de
Wed Mar 21 09:56:30 PDT 2012

Hello to all,
Working with wide Gamut Images makes oonly sense with 16 Bit data.

In this case the question of Gamma 1,8 2,2 sRGB or L* is not problem.
ProPhoto RGB standardized through ISO and Thousand users of Adobe
Photoshop and Lightroom working with is successfully as an intermediate
step between vendor specific RAW and outputspaces like e.g. sRGB.

I don´t see the need that the Open Source Community would need an extra
wide gamut space.

Best regards
Jan-Peter

----------  Please note the new adress --------------