[packagekit] exclude some upgrades

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 00:17:33 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-11-13 at 06:49 +0100, Tim Lauridsen wrote:
> It is a difficult case the 'skip-broken' plugin i has written is
> working by depsolve each of the available updates, to see if it can
> depsolve without
> errors, this functionality can be build into the YumBackend. But ït
> increase to time to get the updates. So it should be something there
> can be turned on/off.

Why not just get the update list (complete) and:

1. if it can be depsolved, return the list
2. if not, then start processing each package and depsolving each one.

so we only use the "go slow" case when the repos are broken.

> * Get the list of available updates.
> * Foreach update check if it can be depsolved.
> * if yes: submit package available if

not "available" - that's for searching. you want low, high, normal,
security etc.

> * if no:  submit package cant foo
>
> It i not easy to find the cause of why the package not can be updated
> is hard to get, because the error messages is not always clear.

Sure, we just need to find a sane English version of "cannot depsolve" -
I appreciate this isn't an easy problem to fix.