[packagekit] GetUpdates

Matthias Clasen matthias.clasen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 08:48:19 PDT 2007

On 10/5/07, Ken VanDine <ken at vandine.org> wrote:

> Also, people have complained about the icon coming and going,
> confusing.  Perhaps we really should just leave the icon in the
> systray, and allow all the actions to be launched from there.

I haven't used a recent packagekit build, so just speaking in general here.

Imo the confusion happens if you pile on unrelated features to a status
icon. As long as the icon is only indicating the availability of
updates, hiding
and showing it should be just fine. Additional features should be available
elsewhere in the menus.