[packagekit] Update viewer - show all packages, or...?

Robin Norwood rnorwood at redhat.com
Tue Feb 26 14:19:09 PST 2008

Hi,

I was chatting with Jeremy Katz today, and he pointed out one place
where pk-update-viewer is lacking - it's model is based upon showing
Packages to update.  pup shows (basically) the source package name.
This makes a lot of sense, since you'll almost never want to update one
of the packages which come from a source package but not the others
(the ones that are installed, anyway).

What do you guys thing about filtering the updates list something like
this?

Another thing I'd like to hit is the ability to install 'just security
updates' - but we need a good way to update multiple packages first.

-RN

--
Robin Norwood
Red Hat, Inc.