[packagekit] Proposal to branch to 0.4.x

Scott Reeves sreeves at novell.com
Fri Nov 21 09:38:32 PST 2008

Richard,
What are your thoughts on branching to 0.4.x as soon as 0.3.11 goes live on Monday?  I think the 0.3.x series is now at a very good branch point. The main feature set is solid and well implemented without any major holes remaining. There have been a couple email's to the list about new feature wishes and API changes that could move forward on the 0.4.x branch.

>From our distro (openSUSE) specific perspective the 0.4.x branch now would be perfect. We are close enough to release that although I want to keep pulling in the bug fixes, any new features are risky and of course any string changes are highly problematic.  We can of course create our own branch again like we did for the 0.2.x series but if 0.3.11 is declared feature and string frozen that is not necessary

It appears that Fedora is on about the same timing that a new 0.4.x branch and a locked down 0.3.x branch would benefit you as well, agreed ?

Thanks for all the great work on this.
Scott.