[packagekit] Proposal to branch to 0.4.x

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Nov 21 10:13:32 PST 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 10:38 -0700, Scott Reeves wrote:
> What are your thoughts on branching to 0.4.x as soon as 0.3.11 goes
> live on Monday?  I think the 0.3.x series is now at a very good branch
> point.

Yes, good idea.

> It appears that Fedora is on about the same timing that a new 0.4.x
> branch and a locked down 0.3.x branch would benefit you as well,
> agreed ?

Yes, I'll be updating F9 and F10 to 0.3.11 on Monday, so that would be
good for Fedora tool.

If nobody complains, I propose on Monday:

* I release 0.3.11
* I fork master to PACKAGEKIT_0_3_X
* PACKAGEKIT_0_2_X is marked as obsolete
* PACKAGEKIT_0_3_X becomes translation and feature frozen and marked as
stable

Now, you were all sent the rules for the stable branch when I gave you
commit access, but to go over the rules:

 * No new features in the stable branch
 * No new API in the stable branch
 * No cleanup patches in the stable branch
 * Don't put anything in stable that isn't in master
 * If you're not sure whether to backport something, ask

If anyone wants any 11th hour string changes before Monday, now would be
a good time to speak up. :-)

Thanks,