[packagekit] app-install

Daniel Nicoletti dantti85-pk at yahoo.com.br
Mon Aug 30 13:22:18 PDT 2010

> Wow, the work you do is really amazing!
Thanks

> Support for App-Install is something  I planned to include into the next
> release of the Listaller, so this is a  feature in which I am really
> interested. (Listaller is a controversial piece  of software, not sure if
> there will ever be someone who really uses it)
> I  would like to help developing the AppInstall-Feature, if possible. (I am
> not  really the greatest C++ programmer :-P)
Sure any help is appreciated.

> Do you plan to get it ready for  Maverick? (Seems to be a *very* short
> development period)
Just to make sure I got it right would you like to make app-install (spec +
tools)
work or make it work in KPackageKit?
If the later then YES it is a very short time, actually sept 16 is the dead line
but and YES adding this is very easy in KPackageKit. Now that I have
data to play with probably at the end of the week it will work, but testing
is really important especially to enter in Maverick.

> Is there a  public repository available to checkout the current  source
> code?
No yet.

BTW do you user IRC? if so which nick?

Best.