[packagekit] app-install

Matthias Klumpp matthias at nlinux.org
Mon Aug 30 13:18:11 PDT 2010

>> Do you plan to get it ready for  Maverick? (Seems to be a *very* short
>> development period)
> Just to make sure I got it right would you like to make app-install
(spec
> +
> tools)
> work or make it work in KPackageKit?
> If the later then YES it is a very short time, actually sept 16 is the
> dead line
> but and YES adding this is very easy in KPackageKit. Now that I have
> data to play with probably at the end of the week it will work, but
testing
> is really important especially to enter in Maverick.
This is fast!

>> Is there a  public repository available to checkout the current  source
>> code?
> No yet.
>
> BTW do you user IRC? if so which nick?
My nick on IRC is "ximion" (#PackageKit, #debian-devel, #(k)ubuntu-devel)
It might be interesting for you that Jonathan (author of Muon/QApt) plans
to realize a Software-Center like application with QApt. (But at time
nothing's ready yet) The PackageKit AppInstall-Specs cover some of the
fuctionality USC already has, maybe if Jonathan creates an USC for Kubuntu
he can use the PackageKit AppInstall specs.
Cheers
  Matthias