[packagekit] slapt backend

Anders F Björklund afb at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Apr 21 03:27:54 PDT 2013

Eugen Wissner wrote:

> Dropline is just another Gnome distribution, we have our own build system, ship other packages, e.g. PAM support. Gnome SlackBuild is quite dead in the last time.

I don't know what a Gnome distribution is, I thought you were doing packages for the Slackware distribution. Anyway, if it works with slapt-get then it should be just fine.

> If nobody is taking care of slapt backend I could do it, I would look in the code at first myself and update it for the newest slapt-get and packagekit or ask one more I won't understand something. Can I just submit a patch in this ML when something works as expected?

You could start with the "stable" PackageKit 0.7.x, as that was at least working once upon a time... Patches are OK, but if you want to maintain it you should get push access.

--anders