[packagekit] slapt backend

Eugen Wissner belka.ew at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 06:43:36 PDT 2013

under "another Gnome distribution" I meant just another Gnome Build, so
yes, it is just a set of Slackware packages providing gnome desktop and
replacing some Slackware original packages if needed.

PackageKit 0.7 compiles on Slackware 14.0 but I get a dbus errors in
gnome-packagekit like:

Exiting as properties could not be retrieved: Error calling
StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.PackageKit: Timeout was reached
Exiting as backend details could not be retrieved: Error calling
StartServiceByName for org.freedesktop.PackageKit:
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.TimedOut: Activation of
org.freedesktop.PackageKit timed out

Anders, if you won't support this backend and don't have anything against
it, I can take over the maintains of the slapt backend? But at first I'll
try to get it working and send a patch if needed in order to see whether
I'm able to work with it further.

Thanks for your time!

Eugene