[Piglit] GLES

Ian Romanick idr at freedesktop.org
Wed Nov 14 12:20:05 PST 2012

On 11/14/2012 12:11 PM, Tom Gall wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've an interest in using piglit for GLES testing on ARM for both linux
> and android. I've noticed that things are a "bit light" in the GLES test
> department.

That is something of an understatement. :)  Which version of GLES do you
want to test?  1.x?  2.0?  3.0?

> It seems like perhaps some selective porting of parts of Glean but
> written for GLES might be the wise thing to do however I'm new enough in
> the area of GLES tests that there might be a source of already existing
> GLES tests from another project that should be used that I just don't
> know about.

I don't think I would start with glean.  I suspect that take a lot of
work up front to get any tests running.  Now that piglit has Waffle, it
should be easy to modify tests that use the piglit framework to run
under GLES.  I should have some patches out this week for shader_runner
and glslparsertest.

Once that's in place, it might be interesting to harvest some tests from
the WebGL test suite.