[Piglit] GLES

Tom Gall tom.gall at linaro.org
Wed Nov 14 12:33:44 PST 2012

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 2:20 PM, Ian Romanick <idr at freedesktop.org> wrote:

> On 11/14/2012 12:11 PM, Tom Gall wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I've an interest in using piglit for GLES testing on ARM for both linux
>> and android. I've noticed that things are a "bit light" in the GLES test
>> department.
>>

> That is something of an understatement. :)

Yeah, just a bit :-)

 Which version of GLES do you want to test?  1.x?  2.0?  3.0?

2.0 to start.  3.0 is obviously getting interesting and will definitely
grow in time as hardware starts to show.

>  It seems like perhaps some selective porting of parts of Glean but
>> written for GLES might be the wise thing to do however I'm new enough in
>> the area of GLES tests that there might be a source of already existing
>> GLES tests from another project that should be used that I just don't
>> know about.
>>

> I don't think I would start with glean.  I suspect that take a lot of work
> up front to get any tests running.  Now that piglit has Waffle, it should
> be easy to modify tests that use the piglit framework to run under GLES.  I
> should have some patches out this week for shader_runner and glslparsertest.
>
> Once that's in place, it might be interesting to harvest some tests from
> the WebGL test suite.

Ah, WebGL, hadn't thought about that one.

Thanks!

--
Regards,
Tom

"Where's the kaboom!? There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!"
Marvin Martian
Graphics Working Group | Linaro.org │ Open source software for ARM SoCs
w) tom.gall att linaro.org
h) tom_gall att mac.com