[Piglit] Requiring Python 3.x for Piglit?

Brian Paul brianp at vmware.com
Thu Apr 25 10:46:38 PDT 2013

On 04/18/2013 10:22 AM, Paul Berry wrote:

> Based on some off-list discussion with Brian and Ian, I think it's
> reasonable to hold these patches back for a short time (maybe a month)
> to give people time to get ready for the transition.  Here's what I
> propose:  Let's make a branch right now that requires Python 3.x, so
> that people can start testing their Python 3.x integration
> immediately, and then let's plan on merging that branch to master on
> May 20.
> If anyone winds up needing a little more time than that to bring their
> test systems up to speed, they can always branch piglit from right
> before the merge point.

How would people feel about making a Piglit 1.0 release prior to the 
Python 3.x changes?

We could actually make use of a stable release here to give our Q/A 
team a consistent Piglit snapshot to use across various environments.

Otherwise, I'd definitely want to make a Python 2.x branch before 
converting master to Python 3.x.


More information about the Piglit mailing list