[Piglit] Building current piglit on ubuntu 12.04?

Ilia Mirkin imirkin at alum.mit.edu
Sun Sep 4 04:36:34 UTC 2016

On Sun, Sep 4, 2016 at 12:30 AM, Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 3, 2016 at 8:59 PM, Ilia Mirkin <imirkin at alum.mit.edu> wrote:
>> piglit does not require python3, it is meant to be able to run with
>> either python2.7 or python3.3+. If you find that something *requires*
>> python3, please report that separately. (Oh hm, the fairly useless
>> 'piglit' script appears to want it. Just don't use it and you'll be
>> fine.) The way I run piglit is at
>> https://people.freedesktop.org/~imirkin/ -- note that with those
>> options it will run single-threaded. Remove -1 --dmesg if you want to
>> run tests concurrently.
>
> Thanks!
>
>> Last I checked [which admittedly was a while ago], NVIDIA implements a
>> bunch of stuff incorrectly, and trips over how some piglit tests are
>> written. I recall a time when something like half of piglit tests
>> failed that way.
>
> Well, that explains the crappy results on the 10 year old nvidia card
> that I pulled out of the recycling bin.
>
> The hardware we really care about is a mix of amd, intel, and nvidia,
> some new enough to be well-supported.  Anyway, now I'll run piglit
> on everything we actually care about.
>
> My osx 10.9 macbook pro locked up solid running piglit, too, so the fun
> is available on muliple platforms.
> - Dan

Word of caution -- on the off chance you plan on running this on top
of nouveau, don't remove the "-1" flag. There were kernel-side bugs
with multiple processes creating contexts simultaneously up until
quite recently, and even with those fixed, I still get hangs often
enough that I just use single-threading everywhere.

Good luck!

  -ilia