X11 test renderer

Ray Strode halfline at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 13:10:45 PDT 2009

Hi,

>> On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 6:36 AM, Charlie Brej<plymouth at brej.org>  wrote:
>
> It may be just me but "[x11] Draw to back pixmap instead of on exposes" is
> grinding my X (90% cpu vs 10% for plymouth).
I don't see that, but I do see X jumping around between 20-50% cpu
which is more than I'd expect.
What theme are you testing with?

There are two changes, I'd like you to try if you don't mind.

1) get rid of the cairo_push_group () / cairo_pop_group_to_source ();
cairo_paint () calls.
Those calls just add an extra copy that we don't really need, and are
probably the root of your problem

2) change gdk_display_flush()  to gdk_display_sync ().  This will
throttle plymouth draw requests if the X server is having trouble
keeping up.

Do either or both of those changes fix your issue?

--Ray