[Pm-utils] Re: Resume via quirks, not using the DBUS method, Was: Release Candidates ?

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Tue Feb 20 11:29:17 PST 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 19:29 +0100, Stefan Seyfried wrote:

> Looks good. However, it should (of course) use s2ram instead of radeontool,
> vbetool, whatever. Would reduce the dependencies to one single package

If I switched to using s2ram instead of vbetool, I'd have mjg telling me
the same thing with the words switched ;)

> (and
> upstream radeontool is seriously broken, i again urge everybody to at least
> look at my patches in ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/people/seife/radeontool to not
> switch off the light on their ATI southbridge).

<fedora mode>
I will certainly have a look at those patches.
</fedora mode>

> Even more serious is the placement of this in 20video. It needs to be
> 99ZZvideo to get it running as soon as possible. Otherwise, users will
> hit alt-f7 while still waiting for networkmanager to reconnect etc, and
> that will lock up machines.

Ok, there's a good point here.  I don't think it's quite as dire as you
make it out to be, but it is a problem.  So I've split it to 20video
(for suspend/hibernate) and 99video (for resume/thaw).  That should be
enough to stop this problem in many cases.

--
  Peter