[Pm-utils] [RFC] [patch review] Hook independence and security fixups, part 1

Michael Biebl mbiebl at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 06:38:14 PST 2008

2008/2/2, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com>:
> 2008/2/1, Victor Lowther <victor.lowther at gmail.com>:
> > Here are a few more patches in this series that add a
> > /usr/lib/pm-utils/config.d to go along with /etc/pm/config.d, the
> > needed changes to make functions aware of this, some modifications to
> > push certian generic environment variables into the new per-hook
> > configuration scheme, and how to override a suspend/resume method to
> > use something besides the default kernel methods without having to
> > patch the source to pm-utils.
> >
> > These patches apply on top of the last set of patches, or you can just
> > pull the (misnamed now) vlowther-security-audit branch from
> > git://fnordovax.org/pm-utils/
> >

> Hm, tbh I find it a bit weird, that the do_hibernate method is now in
> a *config* file.
> Seems a bit counter-intuitive to me.

I.e. if you want to refactor the functions script and pull out methods
into separate scriplets, they should be placed under a directory named
functions.d imho. Given the current size of the functions file this
seem a bit of overkill to me.
This might change though, when we have tuxonice and userspace suspend
implemented.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?