[Pm-utils] pm-utils 1.4.0-rc2 available for testing

Victor Lowther victor.lowther at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 05:03:42 PDT 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 1:21 AM, Michael Biebl <mbiebl at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Victor,
>
> I committed a few small man pages fixes to the 1.4 branch and a video
> quirk that was reported in Debian/Ubuntu to the video-quirks branch.
> Attached are two more patches I currently ship in Debian and which
> might be suitable upstream:
> 08-fix-lock-file-handling.patch:
> It uses flock to make the lock file handling more robust instead of
> our home grown solution
> Original Debian bug report:

Looks good, go ahead and push it.

> 09-document-add-drop-parameters.patch:
> It documents the ADD_PARAMETER/DROP_PARAMETER as mechanism how to pass
> video-quirks to pm-utils (I assume this still the recommended way)

Sorta -- the recommended way is to either just pass the appropriate
quirks on the command line, or have an entry in the quirkdb for your
system.  You might want to make a note about submitting an update to
the quirk database if you have to use ADD_PARAMETERS or
DROP_PARAMETERS to make things work.