[poppler] more patches to the qt4 interface

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Fri Dec 23 13:13:20 PST 2005

A Divendres 23 Desembre 2005 15:18, Stefan Kebekus va escriure:
> On Monday 12 December 2005 21:30, you wrote:
>
> (discussing the PageTransition class)
>
> > I think it would be better to move some of the implementation of that
> > constructor to the poppler directory. The PageTransition class is OK as
> > part of the qt4 API, I just want to avoid duplicating the parsing code.
> > You might need to create some new class to hold it in the poppler
> > directory, without Qt4 or Qt3 or glib dependency. The Qt3/Qt4/glib
> > bindings can then just be accessors.
> > There are other ways to do it as well, I'm sure. All I really want to do
> > is avoid multiple copies of the parsing code.
> > Have I explained myself any better?
>
> Brad,
>
> I have tried to implement what you suggested. The PageTransisiton class is
> moved to the "poppler/poppler" directory. It is implemented in two files
> "poppler-PageTransisiton.(c|h)". I found it awkward to essentially copy the
> same class to the qt4-directory, and worried about loosing synchronization
> between the various enmus we have, if I duplify them in the qt4-directory.
> I have therefore opted for the following solution: the header file
> poppler-PageTransisiton.h is installed along with the qt4-interface.
>
> Please have a look.
>
> 1) the attached patch applies to the main "poppler" directory
>
> 2) the files "poppler-PageTransition.(c|h)" go to "poppler/poppler".

I've made some changes:
 - Make the qt frontend use it, that destroys both source and binary
compatibility for libpoppler-qt, but gives us a more qt like API, a more
easier to mantain binary compatibility and shared code for the PageTransition
 - Use d-pointer in PageTransition for make preserving BC easier
 - Use the dummy PageTransitionParams for not polluting the main namespace
with a Object class

Attached the patch and the three files that have to go inside poppler/poppler

If noone objects i'll commit shortly.

Albert