[poppler] evas support for poppler

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Dec 27 13:41:22 PST 2005

On Wednesday 28 December 2005 07:07 am, Vincent Torri wrote:
> I would like to have your comments, remarks, etc.. about how to improve
> the code, and what i have to do for it to be committed (if the developpers
> are interested, of course)
I have some detailed comments, but the big question is whether you are willing
to maintain it? I don't see any real problem with having evas bindings in the
tree, and they don't need to offer the same  capabilities as glib or qt or
whatever, but they do need to be maintained if they are going to keep
working.

Detail stuff (based on a really quick review)
* Must have appropriate copyright (i.e. recognise the source of the code, and
license your changes)
* Ideally would have some documentation
* Some of the function names look strange (eg document_is_copiable() probably
should be something like document_is_copyable()).
* There is a hardcoded path in the test app that will only work for you.
* The patch / tarball has a lot of generated files (libraries and object
files, dependencies). Please leave those out - they cannot be committed to
CVS and are only applicable to your configuration.

Brad