[poppler] Some changes for util/pdftohtml

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Sep 29 12:22:12 PDT 2008

Hi Warren, please subscribe to the list so in the future i don't have to
moderate manually your mails to go in.

A Dilluns 29 Setembre 2008, Warren Toomey va escriure:
> I found a bug in utils/pdftohtml which prevented it from extracting JPEGs
> from PDF documents. Around line 231, this line:
>
> 	virtual GBool needNonText() { return gFalse; }
>
> needs to have gFalse changed to gTrue.

Right, wonder when it broke :-/

Also i think pdftohtml should create images for all the non DCT images, it
should not be hard to create an uncompressed BMP or something similar with
the raw RGB data.

> I've also made some other more
> significant changes to utils/pdftohtml, but they significantly alter the
> output format. So for now, I have left the modified code here:
>
> 	http://minnie.tuhs.org/Programs/Pdftohtml/index.html
>
> with details of the change in output format, for the poppler maintainers
> to consider. Let me know if there is anything I should do to help get
> any of the changes into the main tree.

Yeah please, do not put a tarball, a diff is much better.

Your patches come in a "bad moment" since we are releasing a new stable
version in one week or so, and such a big feature change is not a good idea,
but we may speak of including them for the next feature release.

Thanks again,
  Albert