[poppler] PDFDocument.h:33:25: error: poppler-qt4.h: No such file or directory

Hongyi Zhao hongyi.zhao at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 20:55:54 PST 2012

On 11/05/2012 07:37 PM, Ihar `Philips` Filipau wrote:
> I haven't done it for a long time, but it should be possible to
> actually install poppler from Git in a such fashion that Debian would
> recognize it as a poppler package and consequently resolve all
> dependencies properly. IIRC it revolves around the dh_make (or
> dpkg-buildpackage (for which dsc/diff you can get from the official
> Debian package)). Ask around on Debian forums/google/etc, lots of
> people do it all the time.

Thanks a lot, surely this is also a way that will streamline the
packages management with both the shipped and self-made ones ;-)

>> >So
>> >I install all of the packages/programs/tools compiled from source by me
>> >in the following locations currently:
>> >
>> >1- /usr/local for small  packages/programs/tools
>> >
>> >2- /opt for large/complex  packages/programs/tools
>> >
>> >I think I use the above method is also consistent with the /Filesystem
>> >Hierarchy Standard/<http://www.pathname.com/fhs/>.
>> >
> For my personal stuff - which shouldn't get into the way of the system
> - I actually prefer $HOME/usr. Pro: I do not need root to install.
> Contra: some software still insists on headers under /usr/include;
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH/etc must include the $HOME/usr/lib.

I don't want to use  $HOME for this purpose,  is based on that other
considerations: such as as a user, I'll perform most operations within
my home.  So, it's has more dangerous to do imappropriate operations on
these stuff to put them in  $HOME than in other places.

Regars

--
.: Hongyi Zhao [ hongyi.zhao AT gmail.com ] Free as in Freedom :.