[poppler] Heap corruption caused by wrong JPXStream import

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Jul 5 04:11:41 PDT 2015

El Diumenge, 5 de juliol de 2015, a les 12:54:26, Adam Reichold va escriure:
> Hello,
>
> Am 05.07.2015 um 12:31 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > Hmmm, which app do you run to repro the crash? I just ran pdftoppm on that
> > file and worked fine with the same configuration you mention.
>
> Various, I first noticed it due to a rendering bench using QtTest
> crashing, so basically a call to Poppler::Page::renderToImage should
> suffice.
>
> I also remembered that due to Arch Linux installing the OpenJPEG headers
> into a subdirectory of /usr/include, CMake actually does not find
> OpenJPEG (version 1 that is) at all and will fallback to the internal
> implementation of JPXStream. So this is probably the configuration that
> you need to try.

I don't understand how this can be happening but it seems that for you
JPEG2000Stream.cc is being compiled but JPXStream.h is being used or
viceversa.

Can you please add a few MESSAGE() in the root CMakeLists.txt (around line
430) to see which of the files is getting compiled in

Also put something that should not compile in JPEG2000Stream.* or JPXStream.*
to check for the same.