[poppler] pdftocairo Offending Command error when printing

Pierre-Luc Samuel Pierre-Luc.Samuel at ticketmaster.com
Mon Sep 19 20:51:22 UTC 2016

On 09/19/2016 12:54 PM, William Bader wrote:

> Can you try it with the current pdftocairo 0.47.0? The source is at
> https://poppler.freedesktop.org/

I did try with pdftocairo 0.47 + cairo 1.15.2, but the resulting file is
identical.

> Do any of the non-printing ps files get errors if you view them with
> ghostscript?

No, ghostscript shows no errors...

> Test-jma-Envelop-Blank-pdftocairo0.41-cairo1.14.6-manually-fixedC.ps
> got a /dictstackunderflow in --end-- error for me, but that is because
> it has an extra 'end' in the trailer.

Yeah, manually-fixedC is probably broken, that was a lame attempt at
finding the issue.

> If you think that the problem is the setpagedevice call, you could
> comment the line '266 621 cairo_set_page_size' in the ps and try to
> print it.
>

> setpagedevice is usually OK unless you are trying to make an EPS.

When I was using an older version of poppler + libcairo, that section
was not there at all, but not having it causes other issues (namely, the
printer doesn't know the page size and sends it to a random paper
tray).  I'm actually upgrading BECAUSE I want that section!