[poppler] pdftocairo Offending Command error when printing

William Bader williambader at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 19 21:35:00 UTC 2016

If you look inside cairo_set_page_size, it sets

        /PageSize exch def
        /ImagingBBox null def
You could try changing the names one at a time to something that won't exist, like PageSizexxx to see if one or the other has a value that the printer doesn't like. Maybe the null ImagingBBox messes up the printer. A lot of ppd files have sequences like "<</PageSize[612 792]/ImagingBBox null>>setpagedevice", so a null ImagingBBox should be OK.

setpagedevice can give an error if the printer does not support the PageSize. https://www.prepressure.com/postscript/troubleshooting/errors/setpagedevice

Regards, William