[pulseaudio-discuss] a2dpd stuttering and my experience thus far

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 23:19:52 PDT 2007

Jeff

You may have seen in the discussion with Jim that a2dpd is not being
maintained. The audio service in bluez-utils is taking its place and
works pretty well now.

You can improve audio delivery in many cases with hcid.conf changes.
If you have "master" in hcid.conf's lm setting and you take "rswitch"
and "sniff" out of the lp setting, you are making the pc prefer to be
master and to hopefully behave better. This can eliminate choppiness.

The ideal setup would be to use pulse to switch from wired to wireless
audio on the fly. I'm not sure it will work currently. I'll be trying
again with pulse 0.9.7.

Brad