[pulseaudio-discuss] Strange problem with pulseaudio 0.9.11

Rafał Mużyło galtgendo at o2.pl
Sun Aug 3 13:43:05 PDT 2008

OK, I finally got it to work, even alsa plugin,
but a new problem surfaced.
This one will probably require help straight
from one of the authors, cause only they may have
an idea what gets broken here.

The problem lies somewhere between new pulseaudio
and alsa-plugin. For awhile now, I've been using
a patch, that was posted here
(https://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/alsa-bug/view.php?id=3944).
I made possible for sound in wine to just work with pulseaudio
(I'm not sure if sound sync was 100% correct, but it was good enough
for me).
However, when I switched from 0.9.10 to 0.9.11, this patch
makes wine go into permanent XRUN_Recovery. It looks like
it makes playback stay in constant underrun.
Does anybody have an idea how to fix this patch ?
BTW, tsched makes no difference here.

And on unrelated note, could somebody prod alsa developers
to notice, that recent ffmpeg has a different headers layout,
so without patching alsa-plugins can neither decect nor
use it ?