[pulseaudio-discuss] Macbook Pro specific problem

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sat Aug 30 08:27:30 PDT 2008

Alexey Kuznetsov wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I have macbook pro notebook. I wana ask you about specificity hardware
> problem related to this notebook model. In macbook pro microphone placed
> in same position with left speaker. As the result when i try to record
> sound i got sound echo and can hear my voice. Another problem happens
> when i spok with my skype friends. If my firend say sonting they got
> self voice echo imidiatly back.
>
> The question is : now i can create trigger when record device
> (microphone) is enabled in pulseaudio and some programm ready to record
> sounds my trigger turn left speaker output to 0% volume and put all
> sounds to right speaker?

Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is currently possible, but I wonder if such a
trick could be done with a pulse module. I'd imagine there is a way to
tell when applications connect to a source for recording and this could
trigger such a custom rule. Really you'd want to mix the stereo stream
to a mono one rather than just mute the left channel on it's own as you
may be missing some important sounds!

As far as I know it can't be done right now. Not sure if Lennart has
plans similar to the above suggestion or not.. I'm sure he'll reply in
due course :)

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]