[pulseaudio-discuss] darkice/icecast issue

Sebastian Wieseler sebastian at nanofortnight.org
Wed Jun 25 02:24:02 PDT 2008

Hello guys.

I've got a question about darkice/icecast together with pulseaudio.
How do they work together?

The only result of Google was:
gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc
device=alsa_output.pci_8086_27d8_alsa_playback_0.monitor ! audioconvert
  ! vorbisenc ! oggmux ! shout2send ip=example.com port=8000
password=hackme mount=stream.ogg

But
	# gst-launch-0.10 pulsesrc
	ERROR: pipeline could not be constructed: no element "pulsesrc".
failed for me. :-/

And the ALSA device above is not accepted of the darkice, but I dunno
what my device is. :-/
Can you tell me how I could find out or what to say to my
darkice behind device =?

And another thing is, that... if I tell some player to use pulseaudio
the sound gets sucking. I hear some tones, then nothing, then again ones...
annoying. What is it?

Regards and thank you guys.
Sebastian Wieseler

--
 ((_/)o o(\_))          \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign