[pulseaudio-discuss] Lost audio on headphones on Fedora 9

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Wed Nov 19 05:16:54 PST 2008

Andre Costa wrote:
> Any help will be appreciated. Let me know what kind of additional info I
> should provide.

It's unlikely that any of the controls in pulse itself will help as it
only exposes a very minimal subset of lower level alsa controls.

Chances are the problem is at the alsa level, more than likely a control
toggle or an independent headphone volume slider that is set to zero or
something.

To access alsa configuration, you will need to run the alsa mixer on the
hardware directly rather than on the "default" alsa device which is
probably setup to direct things to pulse (and thus will only expose
afore mentioned minimal controls).

To do this in a console you can run: alsamixer -c 0

Or you can use a GUI alsa mixer like gnome-alsamixer which will only
look at hardware devices.

HTHs and you find a solution fiddling about with a control there.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]