[pulseaudio-discuss] Segmentation fault when load module-alsa-sink by commandline

Zhang, Xing Z xing.z.zhang at intel.com
Wed Oct 8 23:10:35 PDT 2008

Hi All:
        I am newbie to PA. Now I am trying to enable PA from scratch. When I enter “load-module module-alsa-sink” it complains “no such file found”, then I launch PA with param “-p /usr/lib/pulse-0.9/modules/” unfortunately a segmentation fault happen while I load module-alsa-sink. I notice default.pa uses module-hal-detect instead of directly loading module-asla-xxx, so I want to know whether the issue I met is a known bug? Or any other methods to load module-alsa-xxx by manual?

BTW: I did above things in command line interface(pulseaudio –nC) and the PA version is 0.9.13)

Many thanks☺

Zhang Xin(Wing)
Intel, OTC ShangHai