[pulseaudio-discuss] Project: Dual, Simultaneous Bluetooth Audio Sinks

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Oct 16 02:05:36 PDT 2008

Zhang, Xing Z wrote:
>> Anyway, I also did try running "pactl load-module module-alsa-(sink|
>> source) device=" with both devices, and though it would sometimes work,
>> sometimes it would end up killing pulseaudio. When I try to switch the
>> stream from the onboard audio device to the headset, it kills PA. When I
>> switch the stream to the Simultaenous Play virtual device, it kills PA.
> [Zhang, Xing Z]
> This is also what I met. The PA embedded in FC9 distro seems not stable, it leads
> to a segfault when I try to switch stream along different sinks. I don't know
> if it has been fixed in current git tree due to no Bluetooth device on hand at
> this time.
> I will try it in next week when my device arrives. Anyway it's a bug.

If you are serious about using bluetooth, I'd consider upgrading your
pulse to 0.9.13 which has native bluetooth support and will be the
recommended way of interacting with BT headsets in the future with all
it's auto-detection goodness.

The current git master has some additional fixes I think, but I can't
remember off hand.

My ageing BT headsets have been dusted off and I intend to play with it
myself soon, but I've not done so yet.

   Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]