[pulseaudio-discuss] Project: Dual, Simultaneous Bluetooth Audio Sinks

CJ van den Berg cj at vdbonline.com
Thu Oct 16 02:29:41 PDT 2008

On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 10:05:36AM +0100, Colin Guthrie wrote:
> If you are serious about using bluetooth, I'd consider upgrading your
> pulse to 0.9.13 which has native bluetooth support and will be the
> recommended way of interacting with BT headsets in the future with all
> it's auto-detection goodness.

That’s the theory, but it is not really complete yet and (in Lennart’s
own words) not really expected to work yet.

>From my own experience I can say that autodetect works up to the point
when it tries to load the bluetooth module, where it fails for some
reason.  Manually loading the module succeeds, but playback is severely
distorted. That’s just with my headset and a2dp. I guess with other headsets
YMMV.

Hopefully we’ll have have fully integrated and *working* bluetooth
support in 0.9.14.

> The current git master has some additional fixes I think, but I can't
> remember off hand.

I haven’t tried anything post-0.9.13 myself. I’d be very interested to
hear if the situation has improved at all.

--
CJ van den Berg

mailto:cj at vdbonline.com
  xmpp:cj at vdbonline.com